cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problems with using Flow, Excel and cells with formulas.

I have created a flow which takes user input from Microsoft Forms, publishes this information into Excel and then outputs the data into specific places into a Word template before emailing the document out.   What I've noticed is that where data is calculated in Excel using formulas and based on the information provided in Forms, these results are not pushed to the Word template.  Is this by design?   If so, can you think of any way to work around it?    I suspect this is due to the fact in Excel where formulas are used the value is effectively shown as a formula rather than an integer.  

Any help would be most appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Problems with using Flow, Excel and cells with formulas.

Hi @TejG 

I have also faced issues with formulas in Excel. I previously explored the possibility of pushing Forms data into Excel and then exporting it as a PDF document however I found that the formula fields would not always populate. If I opened the Excel file however then the calculations were all correct. Others have also had similar issues https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Update-References-inside-an-Excel-File/m-p/152014...

In the end I took a different approach to what I was trying to achieve. If you do find a solution please share as I know it will benefit many others.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Highlighted

Re: Problems with using Flow, Excel and cells with formulas.

Thanks for the response mate, I shall look into the links you have provided.  

My suspicion is that I need automate a copy of the cell containing the results of the formula into another cell as a value - stripping away the formula (this can be done using paste-special as value).  I don't know how to automate that at the moment, but I shall look into it and report back if I have any success.

Thanks again,

Tej

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,199)