cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrzemekOpa

Progress of work in sharepoint with automatic flow

Hi,

I want to create a flow which is sending emails depends on progress of item in my Sharepoint list. 

Status is actually a progress mode, I've put there a list of several option to select.

For instance: if I select QiR - Quality and save it as a new item, send email to ...

PrzemekOpa_0-1654861021269.png

PrzemekOpa_1-1654861054488.png

PrzemekOpa_2-1654861120523.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hi @PrzemekOpa 

as I understand you, you want to send an email, whenever an item within your SharePoint List is changed, correct? So, your trigger is "When an item is created or modified" / "When an item or a file is modified"? Next you have a "Condition", if the "status value" is something specific, send an email. To do this, you can select "dynamic content":

MarvinBangert_0-1655112864362.png

MarvinBangert_1-1655112895625.png

You can use this "dynamic content" on various positions, to put in information you already get from your SharePoint list, and you don't need to put this in manually. But this solution would make your flow huge because you would need to copy this six times (for each item in your "Status" field because in "Condition" you can only make one comparison).

If your email always looks the same, but only the information in it is different, you could consider achieving this by just using dynamic content, e.g.,

MarvinBangert_2-1655113166097.png

Result:

Hi,

an item was modified:
Title: Test
Hi,

an item was modified:
Title: Test 2

Depending on the items the flow is running on, the layout of the email is always the same, but the information is different. This only works if you want to send it to the same people and the layout of information within the email is always the same.

If you have different email layouts and/or different people you want to send it to, you should consider using a "Switch" action:

MarvinBangert_3-1655113301382.png

MarvinBangert_4-1655113375129.png

Instead of using multiple "Conditions", the "Switch" action lets you create different cases (using the "+" between the last case and default). In the "on" field you enter the dynamic value where your information is in ("Status value") and then you can put in the different Status choice options within the "equals" field. Afterwards within the case block, you can put all the actions you want to run (like "send an email" with different layout or people addressed).

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hi @PrzemekOpa 

If you want to send different emails (like to different persons, or different content etc.) you should consider using a "Switch" instead of a "Condition". Where your question mark is, you need to input a dynamic value from the SharePoint action you use in your flow on top. The value should be something called "Status - Value".

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

PrzemekOpa

I don't get it. What should I put in condition mode to make sending email depends on current status?

MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hi @PrzemekOpa 

as I understand you, you want to send an email, whenever an item within your SharePoint List is changed, correct? So, your trigger is "When an item is created or modified" / "When an item or a file is modified"? Next you have a "Condition", if the "status value" is something specific, send an email. To do this, you can select "dynamic content":

MarvinBangert_0-1655112864362.png

MarvinBangert_1-1655112895625.png

You can use this "dynamic content" on various positions, to put in information you already get from your SharePoint list, and you don't need to put this in manually. But this solution would make your flow huge because you would need to copy this six times (for each item in your "Status" field because in "Condition" you can only make one comparison).

If your email always looks the same, but only the information in it is different, you could consider achieving this by just using dynamic content, e.g.,

MarvinBangert_2-1655113166097.png

Result:

Hi,

an item was modified:
Title: Test
Hi,

an item was modified:
Title: Test 2

Depending on the items the flow is running on, the layout of the email is always the same, but the information is different. This only works if you want to send it to the same people and the layout of information within the email is always the same.

If you have different email layouts and/or different people you want to send it to, you should consider using a "Switch" action:

MarvinBangert_3-1655113301382.png

MarvinBangert_4-1655113375129.png

Instead of using multiple "Conditions", the "Switch" action lets you create different cases (using the "+" between the last case and default). In the "on" field you enter the dynamic value where your information is in ("Status value") and then you can put in the different Status choice options within the "equals" field. Afterwards within the case block, you can put all the actions you want to run (like "send an email" with different layout or people addressed).

Best regards
Marvin

PrzemekOpa

Thank you @MarvinBangert 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,363)