cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dribblej
Regular Visitor

Project Dependency Tasks Flow to notify Successor Task Assigned To their task is ready to work on

Hello, 

Goal: Project for the Web: When a project task is completed that is a predecessor task, get successor task details and notify the assigned to user in teams. 

Side note: I have successfully created flows for new tasks, completed tasks and modified tasks to alert in teams through the flow bot to the user. Also, when I create a view on the Project Dependencies tab I can see a related look into the project task entity that allows me to see its individual information depending on if it is a predecessor task or successor task. 

Entities involved: Project Tasks, Project Task Dependency & Project 

msdyn_projecttask(msdyn_projecttaskid) = msdyn_projecttaskdependency(msdyn_predecessortask or msdyn_successortask) 

Summary: The project task id is the same id as the predecessor task id if it is a predecessor. The project task id is the id as the successor task if it is a successor task. 

What I tried: 

-When a Project task is completed CDS trigger: filter expression = msdyn_progress eq 1

-Get a record: Project with Item ID = Project Id

-List records: Project Dependency, here I don't know what filter to set to pull the record that is... projecttaskid = predecessortaskid

& the successor task id      

-Take that Predecessor task and identify its successor task 

- Get successor task information 

-Then Get Resource assignment

- Then get bookable resource

-Then get system user 

-post adaptive card. 

1 REPLY 1
Dribblej
Regular Visitor

Here is another flow idea I Tried. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.53.49 AM.png

image.png

 Power Automate will not allow me to save the "List Tasks Dependencies" step without deleting the filter query. I need it to pull the record where the msdyn_projecttaskid = _msdyn_predecessortask_value because this can point to the correct Successor task I want to make the alert on. 

Any ideas. I have racked my brain a lot on this one. 

"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The inputs of template action 'List_Task_Dependencies' at line '1 and column '1329' is invalid. Action 'Apply_to_each' must be a parent 'foreach' scope of action 'List_Task_Dependencies' to be referenced by 'repeatItems' or 'items' functions.'.'."

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,408)