cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dribblej
Regular Visitor

Project Dependency Tasks Flow to notify Successor Task Assigned To their task is ready to work on

Hello, 

Goal: Project for the Web: When a project task is completed that is a predecessor task, get successor task details and notify the assigned to user in teams. 

Side note: I have successfully created flows for new tasks, completed tasks and modified tasks to alert in teams through the flow bot to the user. Also, when I create a view on the Project Dependencies tab I can see a related look into the project task entity that allows me to see its individual information depending on if it is a predecessor task or successor task. 

Entities involved: Project Tasks, Project Task Dependency & Project 

msdyn_projecttask(msdyn_projecttaskid) = msdyn_projecttaskdependency(msdyn_predecessortask or msdyn_successortask) 

Summary: The project task id is the same id as the predecessor task id if it is a predecessor. The project task id is the id as the successor task if it is a successor task. 

What I tried: 

-When a Project task is completed CDS trigger: filter expression = msdyn_progress eq 1

-Get a record: Project with Item ID = Project Id

-List records: Project Dependency, here I don't know what filter to set to pull the record that is... projecttaskid = predecessortaskid

& the successor task id      

-Take that Predecessor task and identify its successor task 

- Get successor task information 

-Then Get Resource assignment

- Then get bookable resource

-Then get system user 

-post adaptive card. 

1 REPLY 1
Dribblej
Regular Visitor

Here is another flow idea I Tried. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.53.49 AM.png

image.png

 Power Automate will not allow me to save the "List Tasks Dependencies" step without deleting the filter query. I need it to pull the record where the msdyn_projecttaskid = _msdyn_predecessortask_value because this can point to the correct Successor task I want to make the alert on. 

Any ideas. I have racked my brain a lot on this one. 

"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The inputs of template action 'List_Task_Dependencies' at line '1 and column '1329' is invalid. Action 'Apply_to_each' must be a parent 'foreach' scope of action 'List_Task_Dependencies' to be referenced by 'repeatItems' or 'items' functions.'.'."

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (52,731)