cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prompt document author to attach supporting evidence

Background: When a document has metadata 'x' and 'y' I require the document author to upload a second document with supporting evidence to trigger the next step in the workflow. 

Question: Is it possible to use trigger a request to add an attachment in Power Automate? If so, which options do I need to select please?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  Can you please confirm If I understood your requirement?

1. You have a Document Library.
  2. User Uploads a document and sets metadata.
  3. You have a flow that is looking for a new document and then you check metadata.
  4. If the metadata column value is either X OR Y, you want Author to upload another document to the same document library?
Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PrasadAthalye 

Thank you greatly for your reply. I think my question needs more clarification (1st time poster and 1st time PowerAutomate user) so thank you for your suggestions. 

The situation is:

1) Author tags a document on a Team Site (i.e. in a SharePoint library) with metadata tags 'X' AND 'Y'

2) If the conditions 'X' AND 'Y' are met, I need the workflow to prompt the Author to add a link to or attach supporting evidence for the document to a pop up form. 

3) When a document with 'X' AND 'Y' tags AND an attachment/ link are provided, the next step in the workflow will be triggered. 

I am unsure how to get the workflow to prompt the Author to add a link or attach supporting evidence to a pop up form. The supporting evidence cannot be saved directly into a SharePoint library as it will contain confidential information that needs to have restricted access. 

Thank you very much for your help with this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (11,042)