cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Prompting users for text while when using JSON to run flow

Hi all

I created a manually triggered flow which prompts users for a 'reason' for running the flow (using the add input button on manual trigger) before carrying on the rest of the processes and it all worked ok.

I then tried using JSON to provide an escalation button on the SP list so that users can run it from the SP list.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#create-a-button-to-launch-a-flow

It executes the flow ok when clicked on, however it does not prompt the use for the input as happens when running the flow manually.

Has anyone came across this?

I thought that there was maybe some way using the action params, but cannot find any.  Thanks

"customRowAction": {

"action": "executeFlow""actionParams": "{\"id\": \"edf627d9-20f4-45ba-8bc9-4494bf2ff1be\"}"

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Prompting users for text while when using JSON to run flow

Hi @dónal ,

Maybe you could refer to this article and see if it helps:

https://www.sharepointsiren.com/2018/11/manually-execute-flow-from-sharepoint/

It seems that you are using a similar method to achieve your requirements.

You need to add text input in the trigger.

As far as know, we could only add text input in For a selected item/file and manual trigger.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Prompting users for text while when using JSON to run flow

Hi Barry @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for the reply.  The link you sent seems to suggest that it works but you seem to suggest it may not (unless I've misunderstood either).

I tried with the JSON from your link (similar to what I was using) and now i'm getting an error message (which may be progress or not).

In searching for an answer to this, I've seen suggestions to recreate the, flow which I've done:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint' inputs at line '1' and column '2140': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'X-MS-APIM-Tokens' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Cache-Control, Connection, Accept, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Host, Referer, User-Agent, origin, Content-Length, Content-Type'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

It still runs ok on a manual trigger with the Run button (I always had an input within and this worked - the problem arose when I wanted to use JSON to run from a button/link on a SP list).
Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dónal

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,702)