cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTNN0
Frequent Visitor

Proof of approval in SharePoint

I would like to keep the proof that the approval was given by the requested person in a SharePoint Library.  

My plan is to add a text column with the Approval ID and some other info (email of approver, date,...) that will be added when the approval is completed. I think that it would be a good enough security that the approval is not fake because I hope that the existance of the Approval ID can be verified.

Is there a way to search approvals using the Approval ID? Are the approvals kept forever and even if a person left the company?

As a reference I put the links to similar questions that I reviewed:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-record-proof-of-an-approval/td-p/6...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Evidence-of-Flow-amp-Approval/td-p/344489 

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KTNN0,

Do you want to add multi columns to save the approval data

Could you please tell me more about your need?

Actually, it is possible to save the related data to the approval to the Library. You just need to add as many columns as the approval need to the Library.

However, I would suggest you access to this data in the Dataverse. 

When you call the flow action to make an approval, the body output does contain that id. You can parse through the output of the approval action to fetch that id. That id though is something that will not change, it will be same for your environment.

vqiaqimsft_0-1636961085335.png

But yes if used across environments then that id would differ.

There is an admin connection in flow called List Environments as admin which will list out environments and also give you the ids.

Best Regards,
Qi

Thanks for your answer!

1) I know that I can add columns with the approval information, however there is no proof that the columns were updated by the flow and not by the user that executed the flow. In the SharePoint version history, I see that the person who started the flow updated the fields.

2) Yes, I would like to access the table you are showing but where is it? Is it https://make.powerapps.com/ > Data > Tables > Approval > Data ? Does it show only my approvals or all?

3) I'm contemplating to implement a workaround. When the approval is done, the flow will add the id of the approval in a column and the id with more info (name of approver, date...) in a separate list. This 2nd list will not be accessible for editing by the owner of the site. It will then be a proof that nobody has by passed the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,985)