cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Provide Content Approval information from one workflow to another workflow

I am sure that someone somewhere has had to do something like this, but I haven't yet found a tutorial on it that meets this specific need.   With that being said, I need to 'marry' two workflows.

The reason is the trigger.   In order to work with Content Approvals in a workflow, the trigger must be 'when an item or file is modified'.   This of course does not give you actions that happen when an item is created, thus the need for 2 workflows.

I currently have 2 workflows, one that is triggered on item creation.   In this workflow is an approval step.   If this is approved, the workflow then needs to wait for the content approval.   The remaining actions are based on the content approval.

The 2nd workflow has specific actions based on the Content approval.    I need to be able to provide the content approval information to the first workflow.  If I can do that, then I can actually move the actions out of the 2nd workflow into the main workflow and only use it to provide the content approval to the 1st workflow.

Any help will be much appreciated.

@RezaDorrani 

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,120)