cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaydeflix

Providing a list/array for a loop

I'm in a situation where I need to daily create planner tasks for a few people.

I'm good on scheduling, I'm good on creating and updating the task. Where I'm stuck is...

I'd like to create the flow in such a way that I just create an Apply to Each (I think) for the planner's Create Task/Update Task Details actions. I figured out that all I need to pass in is the person's email address and the description, I just can't figure out how to do it.

I was thinking it was with the Create CSV Table action, but that doesn't seem to provide an output. I don't want to put the CSV file on a share somewhere, I'd rather just have it live in the flow itself.

Is there a way to do it, or do I just need to create a pair of create/update tasks for everyone?

3 REPLIES 3
SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You could just create an array variable and staticly define the user/description.  

array1.png

If it were me, I'd just make an excel spreadsheet or sharepoint list and have the flow loop through.  More scalable, easier to maintain.  Flow can create a csv table/output, but cannot read from csv(yet).  

Variable is probably one of the few words I didn't search for when I was looking at actions. LOL

I'll give this a try. I considered the sharepoint route but, while I agree it'd be more scalable, it's also more moving parts to track and I don't want to trust other people to not delete a file =\

Hi @Jaydeflix ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

Where do you get value for the Create CSV table action?

From your description, you would like to create/update task details with user’s email address and the description, please try to get the required info from the data source directly instead of from the csv table.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,320)