cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
crackled
Level: Powered On

Pull data from multiple Dynamics entities.

I'm creating a flow that will send an email whenever a certain field is updated. (ie. whenever a date is added, a rep. get notified of the date date.)

I had an easy time setting it besides for one problem.

All data is located within one entity, called "orders". So I have an easy time, pulling in the buyer name field, seller name, address, and date.

However, the sales rep field contains an entry from a different entity in Dynamics called "users". If I pull this user field in "orders", I get what I believe is the users GUID.

How do I translate the GUID into the users name or email address. I know I need to reference the "users" entity, but I'm not sure how.

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Pull data from multiple Dynamics entities.

Hey @crackled 

You can add a Get record action and refer to the Users Entity and then provide  the GUID attribute as the record identifier. Sample: 

ree3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

crackled
Level: Powered On

Thank you.

This helps, but what I'm trying to do is pull multiple records. (List Records, rather than Get Record).

So lets say I pull 50 order in a flow, and each record references a single users GUID. How would I go about pulling the email address for each of these users from the Users Entity?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @crackled 

You would then add the apply to each control and refernce the list returned in the get records action. In the apply to each control, add the get record action and set to the users entity. Here, use the appropriate identifier to point to the guid of the user and then use the same compose action to get the required data from the user entity. 

If you want to store the data of all the items in the get records action, intialize an array variable before the apply to each control and use the append to array variable action after the get record from user entity action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,357)