cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nafiye
Regular Visitor

Pull date from Microsoft form and create event in calendar

Hi, 

I have created a form which I features a date field for the user to fill in. I need this date to be pulled from the form and entered into my calendar as an event. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Nafiye :

Have you tried using the Office 365 Outlook Create Event action?

Your Flow may look something like what you see below.  You can reference the data from Forms in Dynamic properties to fill in the start date/time, etc..

(image has been updated)

CreateEvent1.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer - thanks for your reply. 

I have tried that but instead of pulling the date from the form it is creating an event for today. I can't find the option to select the date entered into the field on the form. 

Thanks 

Nafiye

@Nafiye :

My apologies - I posted too soon.....

I negelected to add a Get response detailas action.  Doing so allows you to reference data returned from Forms.

CreateEvent1.jpg

Scott

Hi Scott, 

I have tried that but to no avail. I will have another stab at it this morning and keep you posted. 

Thanks, 

Nafiye

Hi, 

Apologies for the late reply - have been on annual leave. 

That seems to have worked so thank you. What I am trying to do now is add an approval before adding the item into the calendar but I am having some more trouble. 

Can you help? 

@Nafiye :

Below is an example of how you can incorporate an approval into your Flow.  Additional information on Approvals can be found here.

FormAppr1.jpg

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I have created a form which I features a date field for the user to fill in. I need this date to be pulled from the form and entered into the responder’s calendar as an event instead.

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately you won't be able to insert an event into anyone's calendar except your own unless they have given you permissions to do so.  For this to work, everyone who would submit a Form would need to grant you permissions to their calendar - not practical.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

How come? It is just like filling out a form and submiiting his own schedule or appointment?

@Anonymous 

The reason is that every action in Flow runs AS the user who is used for the connection for that action.  So, if I create the Flow, my credentials will be used by default for the action.  Unless I have been granted permission by the user who submitted the Form to create entries in their calendar, the Flow will fail.  The only time the Flow would succeed is when I, as the Flow author, submit the Form myself and the entry is created in my calendar.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,228)