cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsymmons
Resolver I
Resolver I

Pull email address from person/group field dynamically

I have a form where someone can select an option on a drop down field on a form, which matches it to the subsequent entry on a SharePoint list. The results pull from a people/group field, but I want to filter this further to only include the UPN or Email address from the people field in the output. 

Is this possible?

rsymmons_0-1621953969514.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I was doing something stupid. After I changed the "set Authoriser" variable to "Authoriser email" I have got the desired result. 

Thanks @Anonymous for your efforts!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @rsymmons 

Your dynamic expression for the person field will be something like 

items('Apply_to_each')?['Person'] (assuming the column is called person)

In order to retrieve the displayname or email, you can use:
items('Apply_to_each')?['Person']?['DisplayName']
items('Apply_to_each')?['Person']?['Email']

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your response, I'm not sure where I would place your suggestion in my workflow. The person/group column is titled "authoriser" as per the below:

rsymmons_0-1621958630382.png

Under the Get items part, I'm matching the list column "title" to the form field "approval manager". This will match a value from the form against a matching value in the list title column. This information is then used to grab the person's email from the person/group column "Authoriser" on the list however I just need the UPN or email. 

I think I was doing something stupid. After I changed the "set Authoriser" variable to "Authoriser email" I have got the desired result. 

Thanks @Anonymous for your efforts!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,978)