Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reigningfear
Advocate III
Advocate III

Pull in All OptionSet Values for comparison

Hello,

I have been searching far and wide for a solution but have come up empty handed. I have a flow which copies data from a SharePoint List to a CDS Entity. One of the fields that will be updated in CDS is an option set. Within flow however, I am working with the SharePoint Text field, which is the equivalent to the option set label. I am familiar with how to obtain labels if CDS were my data source but that doesn't work for me here.

I was hoping to find an option where I essentially look up the OptionSet Record in the OptionSet Entity and then find the corresponding Value to use in updating the CDS record. Is this possible? Or is it possible to update an option set field with a label instead of the numeric value?

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Reigningfear ,

I'm afraid that no any supported function could do that.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reigningfear ,

We could only update the OptionSet column by choose from the drop down list of the column.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. I have been able to pass the numeric value (6000001 for example) to an Option Set column through the 'Update a Record' action. My trouble is, I am working with labels only since it is coming from SharePoint. I have 30+ options that could be selected and they may change as well which will make for a really tedious if expression.

Is there any way to pull in entire option sets into flow or update a record only using the label? 

Hi @Reigningfear ,

I'm afraid that no any supported function could do that.

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hello,

For anyone who may run into this, I used a simple workaround using Excel. I created an excel file source stored in SP with the option set value and label. I then added an excel online connector and basically did a lookup to find the proper value to update the CDS record. It's not elegant but it works. I hope there is a way to query option sets in the future. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (18,008)