cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCentofanti
Frequent Visitor

Pulling HTML from a .HTM page

I have multiple .htm files sitting in a SharePoint library. I want to pull the HTML content from these pages. Is this possible? I can move the files to OneDrive if necessary.

My goal is to take this HTML content and put it in the Wiki Content value of a SharePoint Wiki page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @CCentofanti 

Although I have not done this I'm fairly confident it can be done.

The SharePoint "Get File Content SP" action can extract HTML from a .htm page in an SP site and make it available for other actions within the flow. Quick proof here.

Amanthaper_0-1603221703565.png

You can then use the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action to update page content using the SharePoint REST API using an example done here https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/67900/updating-a-wiki-page-with-the-rest-api

Amanthaper_1-1603221732022.png

Again, not proved but the fact that the output in Flow is pure HTML + HTTP/REST action in Flow makes it very possible. I might give it a shot later.

Hope this helps,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @CCentofanti 

Although I have not done this I'm fairly confident it can be done.

The SharePoint "Get File Content SP" action can extract HTML from a .htm page in an SP site and make it available for other actions within the flow. Quick proof here.

Amanthaper_0-1603221703565.png

You can then use the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action to update page content using the SharePoint REST API using an example done here https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/67900/updating-a-wiki-page-with-the-rest-api

Amanthaper_1-1603221732022.png

Again, not proved but the fact that the output in Flow is pure HTML + HTTP/REST action in Flow makes it very possible. I might give it a shot later.

Hope this helps,

Aman

If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,441)