We have a daily export of data from a WordPress website that creates an excel file in a OneDrive environment. The data from this spreadsheet should then be uploaded to a SharePoint list.
This is the latest iteration of the flow. In another version I had included a filter that only triggered the next steps in the flow if the "File Name" field conained the keywords "website_export". The Flow always read as successful in that it didn't recognize the "File Name" field as having the keywords mentioned above.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank you for the detailed post.
If I understadning correctly, you say:
Have alook at the below blog post from @Pieter_Veenstra . I haven't had a chance to work through it myself but it seems to suggest "No need to use data tables in Excel."
If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.
If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".
Any other questions, just ask.
Thanks for the suggestion. This is great info and I'll make use of it some time for sure. For the problem I have listed above, I ended up finding a temporary manual process that feeds into a powerapps collection. Both the business user and myself are satisfied with it, but I'll definitely keep this on the back burner for later use.
That's great news that the information was helpful and you have found an alternative fix too.
If you were to post details of the working solution you have located below I would be happy to mark it as a solution in order to assist others in the future.
Hi @AlanPs1, thanks and sorry for the delay. I suppose it's just a half solution right now because I'm not able to get around one key manual process.
So, like I said in my OP, I was able to get the data from my WordPress site into a OneDrive and then uploaded to SharePoint.
In order to get the data from those export files to my SharePoint list (which supports a PowerApp) I maintain a basic import file that has consistent headings with the WP export files, but which is formatted as a table. Every day, people copy data from the export file into the import file. After that, I manage the import process in a PowerApp.
From the PowerApp I import whatever data is in the Excel import file into an importCollection. I have another collection that brings in information from the SP List called spCollections. I compare the contents of the two and if there are any duplicates text is formatted appropriately (green for no duplicates, red for duplicates). I also have an icon option that allows people to remove the duplicates from the importCollection. It's then a matter of using the Patch() function to push items from importCollection to the SP List.
Flow does play in, but only after the upload to the list. Once the SP List is patched, it triggers the following:
In the Filter Query box I type the following, which captures all items created in the list since beginning of day.
Created gt 'startOfDay(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')'
The Compose action uses the following parameter:
And that populates a subject line in the email action that tells people how many new items were added to the list that day.
It's hardly perfect, and we're user testing it now to spot some pitfalls (I'm really not happy with the manual bridging process), but it "works" in the way that a generous application of duct tape can be said to have "repaired" a leaky pipe.
Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!