cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Push Excel Data to SQL Server - Error - inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number.

I trying to push data to sql server from excel. I'm getting a convert to number error although I'm not trying to convert anything to a number... There are no numbers in this export. Anyone know what Im doing wrong? Ive included a snapshot of the flow and the error.

I have an excel doc with the following columns:

AccountGUID

End Customer

Segment

Account

AccountGUID

In SQL Server I have:

End Customer or Department (maps to End Customer)

Segment (maps to segment)

Account (maps to account)

OneView Account (maps to AccountGuid)

ID (autoincrement rows/ primary key)

Flow Issue - sql to excel 12-13-19.png

Flow Issue - sql to excel 12-13-19 - 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Push Excel Data to SQL Server - Error - inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number.

Hi @TesDA ,

I think the content of the configuration you configured in the Row Id field is problematic.

As far as I know, the Row id needs to be a field of type number, and the GUID you are using is not the expected type.

Whether you set the identifier column in the SQL table, the Update row action requires the row id to update the specified row.

If you have set a similar id column, you need to filter the rows by the relationship between the column in the Excel table and the column in the SQL table.

Configure Get rows and Filter Query to get the eligible rows and update it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Push Excel Data to SQL Server - Error - inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number.

Hi @TesDA ,

I think the content of the configuration you configured in the Row Id field is problematic.

As far as I know, the Row id needs to be a field of type number, and the GUID you are using is not the expected type.

Whether you set the identifier column in the SQL table, the Update row action requires the row id to update the specified row.

If you have set a similar id column, you need to filter the rows by the relationship between the column in the Excel table and the column in the SQL table.

Configure Get rows and Filter Query to get the eligible rows and update it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

For anyone checking this for help with their flow configuration: 

I had an auto-incrementing primary key, which did not have a connection with the excel table.  I had to delete the auto-incrementing key and making the AccountGUID the primary key.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,370)