cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVoice
Helper I
Helper I

Push Tasks to Outlook Calendar

I am having trouble having an event go off that when an outlook task is created to create an event off of this. I selected the template "Automated from blank"

One thing I do neeed to change is the End Time. I would basically want to have it as the reminder time + 1 hour.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Task to Calendar.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CVoice ,

Please try the following picture to configure Flow.

According to your description, Reminder Date-Time should be used as Base time.

Image reference:

60.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@CVoice 

Hi there, welcome!

Try adding a step in between to add to the time...see below.20190504b.PNG

Let us know how that works.

Good luck!

-Ed-

Hey @edgonzales  That doesnt work overall for me though. Was the first part using the method i was using. Even after doing what you did, the main issue is it is not creating the actual calendar event for me. 

I appreciate it, as I ddint realize there was an add time connection so that helped in that aspect. 

If you have the same process and its working for you, I will probably have to wait until the morning to see if it just takes an hour or so to actually run the process upon receiving a hit.

Bummer!  Let us know if the Flow just isn't triggering, or if it starts but doesn't make the event in the calendar for some reason.

We'll figure it out!

-Ed

@CVoice wrote:

Hey @edgonzales  That doesnt work overall for me though. Was the first part using the method i was using. Even after doing what you did, the main issue is it is not creating the actual calendar event for me. 

I appreciate it, as I ddint realize there was an add time connection so that helped in that aspect. 

If you have the same process and its working for you, I will probably have to wait until the morning to see if it just takes an hour or so to actually run the process upon receiving a hit.

Nope. It's still not working. I saw that you set it up too in your image, was it working for you?

Are you seeing any runs on the Flow?  Trying to figure out if it's the trigger that's broken or the action.

Hi @CVoice ,

Please try the following picture to configure Flow.

According to your description, Reminder Date-Time should be used as Base time.

Image reference:

60.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-bacao-msftand @edgonzales Do not know what changed, but I got it working now. Takes about 5 minutes to run and update tasks.

Unfortunately just realized it wouldn't update the calendar if I need to change the date that the task is do. I can make this do for now though since it does save me some time regardless. Thank you.

@v-bacao-msftUsing reminder date and time for the add time is. Apparently it may have run in only a second after I updated the flow when compared to the normal 5 minutes and doing now

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,190)