cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkat_Aus
Frequent Visitor

Qualify D365 lead using flow

Hi,

I am currently building a flow where upon certain condition the lead has to qualify and create a contact record.

I tried the following

1) Updated the lead record status and status reason fields as qualified in flow. But when I tested the flow the lead records did get qualified status but no contact record created. 

2) Then I tried to manually create a contact record and used that contact record guid to update in the lead record 'Parent contact id' field. But it also didn't work as the contact didn't get associte with the lead record. 

If you can assist on this, it would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance

Regards

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Venkat_Aus - The Contact entity has a field called "Originating Lead". This is a lookup field to the Lead entity. When you create the Contact in your flow, update this field with the Lead GUID of the lead being qualified. Be sure you are using the correct syntax in the lookup field if you are using the "CDS (current environment)" connector. It should like this: leads(LeadGUID)

This process will link the Contact back to the qualified Lead.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Venkat_Aus how are you?

@Venkat_Aus to qualify a lead using Power Automate, use the "Perform a bound action" using the "CDS current environment" connector.

Add the values on the parameters and also if you want to create the account, contact and opportunity, take a look on my sample:

2020-08-19-001.jpg

I hope that this helped on solve your issue.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

Thanks @rohentz for your reply. I am getting the following error when I try to test the flow. Can you please let me know why this happens?

error.png

It seems I have to set the status. There is no drop down. I can enter only Integer. I entered '1' for qualified status. But it still fails saying it not valid. 

Venkat_Aus_0-1597903718687.pngVenkat_Aus_1-1597903779752.png

Hi @Venkat_Aus how are you?

@Venkat_Aus yes, the status needs to be added. In case the value 3, that is the qualified status.

Please, add 3 on this parameter and do a test.

Let me know if this change worked .

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

@rohentz It seems it is asking for the status code value for qualified. I entered '200002' as it is the qualified status value for ours. It didn't throw the status error this time. But it threw a different error as given below. Any idea? Thanks for your assistance. 

The API 'commondataserviceforapps' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Perform_a_bound_action' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'PerformBoundAction' requires the property 'body' to be of type 'Array' but is of type 'Object'.'

Hi @Venkat_Aus thanks for the reply.

@Venkat_Aus in this case I advise you to create a support case with us using https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.

That way we can check more details on your flow and issue to help.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

To Build further on this topic:

Is there a way to also qualify leads directly to opportunities (without manually intervention thus).

I would like to convert leads automatically into opportunities when they reach a certain lead score...

Can this also be set up with Power Automate? If so, how exactly/who could help me?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback and support

KR,

CO

@Venkat_Aus - The Contact entity has a field called "Originating Lead". This is a lookup field to the Lead entity. When you create the Contact in your flow, update this field with the Lead GUID of the lead being qualified. Be sure you are using the correct syntax in the lookup field if you are using the "CDS (current environment)" connector. It should like this: leads(LeadGUID)

This process will link the Contact back to the qualified Lead.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,918)