cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgallagher
Regular Visitor

Quarterly outlook events

Hello everyone! 

I was wondering how to create quarterly recurring events in outlook? I have a form that is filled out and then it creates an event on the outlook calendar. Obviously, weekly, monthly, and yearly recurrences were no problem in the create event action, but does anyone know how to do quarterly? I'm totally lost! 

@ChadVKealey 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eyau
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

So for quarterly events you can have a flow create calendar events every 3 months depending on the chosen date in the form. Using the expression: 

addToTime([Date], [number], '[units]', '[format]')

You can do:

addtotime([Date],3,'Month',[Format])

Which will give you a date 3 months in advance and you can do the same thing for 6, 9, and 12 months.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eyau
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

So for quarterly events you can have a flow create calendar events every 3 months depending on the chosen date in the form. Using the expression: 

addToTime([Date], [number], '[units]', '[format]')

You can do:

addtotime([Date],3,'Month',[Format])

Which will give you a date 3 months in advance and you can do the same thing for 6, 9, and 12 months.

Hope this helps!

ChadVKealey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There doesn't seem to be a way to set "custom" recurrence patterns using the "Create an event (V4)" action. Personally, recurring events in Outlook (and SharePoint) calendars have been a thorn in my side for ages. There are just too many hidden "gotchas" involved. I would suggest maybe trying what @eyau suggests and just create individual events spaced three months apart. 

sgallagher
Regular Visitor

I'll give it a try thank you!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,763)