cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Query Dynamics 365 CE data with filter using n:n relationship

In Dynamics 365 CE there is a possibility in Advanced Find to query for records that have (or don't have) related records in a n:n relationship.

For example: I can show all User records that have Security Roles associated to it.

Now I want to create a Flow that updates all of the found User records.

How can this be archived?

Does Flow provide the possibility to use a similar filter?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Query Dynamics 365 CE data with filter using n:n relationship

Hi @mgr,

Could you please explain more details about the n:n relationship that you mentioned?

Or could you please share a details example about your requirements?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Query Dynamics 365 CE data with filter using n:n relationship

I wanted to find out which of the Users within CRM (MsDyn365CE) do have at least one Security Role assigned.

Technically spoken the relationship between a System User and a Security Role ist set up by a hidden intersect entity called "Systemuserroles": 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/entities/systemuserroles

I found out now that you are able to query it with Flow by using the EntitySetName "systemuserrolescollection".

So this is wonderful! I created a Flow now which sets a flag on the User record as soon as he has a Security Role associated. I think I even could post all of the Security Role Names into a comma separated string into a  field of the User record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,923)