cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annetoal
Advocate III
Advocate III

Questions on using Select

I am trying to use Select to pull values out of a SharePoint get properties connector.

Here's the table:

annetoal_0-1617917934002.png

1. I'd like to have another field named index but I need help with how to increment the value for that field.

2. I need help formatting the date fields to be d-MMM-yyyy.

I'd like to take the output from this Select and feed a Send mail connector. I'm using this expression:

output(body('Select')?['email'])

It's returning this error:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_2' inputs at line '1' and column '38868': 'The template language expression 'output(body('Select')?['email'])' cannot be evaluated because property 'email' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Could someone please show me what I'm doing wrong here and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Anne

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem is that Data Select requires an array as input.  Get File Properties returns an individual object with all the properties in it so you can't use it as input for a select.  The individual properties are already available as dynamic content from the Get File Properties.  You don't need to do anything to be able to use them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@annetoal 

To format date use below :

Expression:

formatdatetime(item()?['Modified'],'dd-MM-yyyy')

Mira_Ghaly_0-1617919349886.png

To use the output of the Select in an Email; you can use Create HTML Table as below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1617919561538.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The problem is that Data Select requires an array as input.  Get File Properties returns an individual object with all the properties in it so you can't use it as input for a select.  The individual properties are already available as dynamic content from the Get File Properties.  You don't need to do anything to be able to use them.

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@annetoal 

To format date use below :

Expression:

formatdatetime(item()?['Modified'],'dd-MM-yyyy')

Mira_Ghaly_0-1617919349886.png

To use the output of the Select in an Email; you can use Create HTML Table as below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1617919561538.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

@Pstork1 Yes, but there's so much stuff in that array that I don't need, I was trying to pare it down just to the fields that would be used in the Flow, hoping it would be easier to manage that way. I understand your point, and maybe it is making things more difficult than they should be.

Thanks,

Anne

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I understand, but you can't use a select to do it and I don't know of any easy action to remove properties from a JSON object.  They are all available by name now.  I don't see any way to make it easier to manage

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (11,120)