cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeremyVdB
Level: Powered On

Quote filter or quote in the replace function not working

Hi,

I have done multiples researches for my situation but I didn't find any clue to resolve my issue :

I have built a flow which is getting all items from a Sharepoint list (filtered -> no problem with that).
Based on the result, for each result, the flow will select any result from the same Sharepoint list where two values are the same as the one selected : Rue (street in english) and Numéro maison (house number in english).

But I have a problem because sometimes, in Belgium, you have the character ' in the street name and the filter is not working

My filter is : Rue eq '@{items('Pour_chaque_membre')?['Rue']}' and Num_x00e9_ro_x0020_maison eq '@{items('Pour_chaque_membre')?['Num_x00e9_ro_x0020_maison']}'

My two columns are string in my sharepoint list

The problem is when the flow came across a street with a ', the flow is failing because the request is not valid

I saw that you have to double the quote when you have a quote in the value but as the request is done one time I don't see how can I correct this problem.

I tried also to delete all the ' in the column Rue in my sharepoint list and try to put a replace function in my flow dedicated to add an item to my shrepoint list. But whatever I tried with the replace function, it's not accepted by Microsoft Flow and it says my formula is not accepted. I tried these :

replace(trim(body('Recevoir_les_détails_des_réponses')?['r6152ae5d9d784df884bc170282640e9a']);"'";" ")

replace(trim(body('Recevoir_les_détails_des_réponses')?['r6152ae5d9d784df884bc170282640e9a']);'''';' ')

replace(trim(body('Recevoir_les_détails_des_réponses')?['r6152ae5d9d784df884bc170282640e9a']),'''',' ') etc.

I'm not sure if I need to use , or ; as I'm in Europe and everything is in French

Anyone have a clue ?

If something is not clear, don't hesitate to ask, my mind is on a break right now 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeremyVdB

Re: Quote filter or quote in the replace function not working

Hi @v-bacao-msft,

Thanks for your reply.
As the replace function is not compatible in the filter query, I tried again the replace function when I'm entering the record in my sharepoint list (second part of my first post).
And it worked with : replace(trim(body('Recevoir_les_détails_des_réponses')?['r6152ae5d9d784df884bc170282640e9a']),'''',' ')

I thought I tried it yesterday but I might missed it, we'll never know 🙂

So case resolved ! Thanks for taking the time to reply to me !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JeremyVdB ,

Could you share a screenshot of the action configuration?

Please refer to the blog below for more details on Filter Query:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/11/12/microsoft-flow-filter-queries-in-sharepoint-get-items/

https://toddbaginski.com/blog/use-dynamic-odata-filter-values-in-a-microsoft-flow-sharepoint-getitem...

https://blog.ion.works/2019/03/17/common-odata-filters-for-microsoft-flow-a-reference-chart-for-user...

In addition to the field name, please try to not configure Filter Query first, then get the field name in Get items-Body and configure it in Filter Query.

Please take a try again.

Update:

replace() function is not supported in Filter Query.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JeremyVdB

Hi @v-bacao-msft,

Thanks for your reply.
As the replace function is not compatible in the filter query, I tried again the replace function when I'm entering the record in my sharepoint list (second part of my first post).
And it worked with : replace(trim(body('Recevoir_les_détails_des_réponses')?['r6152ae5d9d784df884bc170282640e9a']),'''',' ')

I thought I tried it yesterday but I might missed it, we'll never know 🙂

So case resolved ! Thanks for taking the time to reply to me !

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 345 members 6,760 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: