Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lekhmanrus
Level: Powered On

RD Approval flow with external approvers

Hi, I want to build the following flow process:

1. Starts manually for selected documents (For a selected item trigger)
  2. Start an approval action. Can be assigned to some external approvers. For example to some gmail accounts.
  3. All assignee users should be able to make changes for RD document. when all is good - they should press "Approve" and then whatever (send emails, set Status Column = Approved - doesn't matter for now)

So, I have the following issues:

• Approvement does not send to external approvers. There is no email at all. Even in spam folder.
  • How we can implement ability to edit document until it looks good for the user?

Thanks,

Ruslan

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: RD Approval flow with external approvers

Hi @lekhmanrus,

Assigning approval to external approvers is not supported in microsoft flow currently,you could only assign approval for approvers in your orgnization if you want them approve the request and make changes for the document.

You could send the document line to the approver by insert the "Link to item" dynamic content in the Item link column in the "Start an approval" action.

And please make sure the approvers in your orgnization could access to the document in your library.

Best regards,

Alice

lekhmanrus
Level: Powered On

Re: RD Approval flow with external approvers

Thanks, @v-yuazh-msft!

Our organization wants to automize this process. I know this is not related to Microsoft Flow, but do you know is there some solution to share document with external users programmatically? I worked on Office365 Word Add-In for this and, again, I had issue with external users sharing - it seems like it is not possible to creeate sharing link through office.js API. SO question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52526732/is-it-possible-to-create-sharing-link-for-a-document-th...

Thanks,

Ruslan

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 224 members 4,769 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: