cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Patron
Post Patron

[RESOLVED] Flow running multiple times for when bulk items added to SharePoint list

Hello,

I have a flow that does the following:

- Bulk items are added to a SharePoint list in Quick Edit mode.

- The Get items action grabs these new items from the list.
- The next item is "Apply to each" which references the value from "Get items from Customers list".
- The next action is "Get file content" which refers to a .docx template word document with Quick part references in it

- The next action is "Create file" which creates a new word document in the "Saved Documents" folder based on the template in "Get file content".
- Update file properties action then updates the properties of the newly created word document with the field data from the "Customer list".

sudosaurus_3-1613742007484.png

The trigger point for the flow is using the Quick Edit action on the "Customers" SharePoint list and pasting in 6 rows of data from a spreadsheet. When each item updates it triggers a workflow.

However I have noticed that if one of these workflows runs, it still generates 6 documents based on each of the rows in the "Customer" list even though there are 6 running workflows.

sudosaurus_0-1613741802535.jpeg

sudosaurus_1-1613741818027.jpeg

sudosaurus_2-1613741947493.png

Any idea what is going wrong here? Logically I would expect a workflow to run for each item added.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sudosaurus
Post Patron
Post Patron

I've solved this by changing the trigger to: "When an item is created".

For some reason this stops the creation of multiple workflows and now only one is run.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sudosaurus
Post Patron
Post Patron

I've solved this by changing the trigger to: "When an item is created".

For some reason this stops the creation of multiple workflows and now only one is run.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,335)