Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbang3000
Helper II
Helper II

RSS feed not triggering

Hi,

I have an RSS feed that just isn't triggering.  When I try and push something manualy to it, I get the below error:

Failed to read requested Feed information. Details: 'en' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 1, position 27.
clientRequestId: 0b8545e3-38a2-4c50-8d74-e8ee450ebb6c

Any idea what the issue may be here?  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
tbang3000
Helper II
Helper II

UPDATE: I believe it may be because my RSS feed has too much data and is difficult for power automate to handle.  Does this sound like a possibility to anyone?  Any ideas on how I can reduce the amount of data within the RSS feed?  Perhaps utilise a 3rd party app to only retreive the latest article/item?  Thanks in advance.

Hi @tbang3000 

Looking at the documentation for this connector I found this known limitation. 

• Trigger polling logic is based on feed item pubDate field. Each new feed item should have pubDate timestamp greater (not equal) than previous ones, otherwise the trigger won`t be able to distinct new and old entries and new feed items may be skipped.

You can check it out here.

RSS - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Also, I don't think the data size can be an issue, so if this behavior continues, I think the best way to address it is by creating a support ticket. 

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support, here is a link on how to do it: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,621)