cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPaterson

Radio Button in Form selection to direct to different email addresses

Hi, I am trying to create an automation flow that will funnel the result (by email) depending on which radio button selection is picked. The email address being used is a Teams Channel.

For example,

Three email locations: [a], [b], [c]

Form Survey...

Radio Button Options

[1], [2], [3]

If user select button [2], the flow would send email with form details to Email address [b]

~~

As of now, I can make this work with a short-answer text box BUT it requires the user to enter the exact Text. If they do not, it will not be certain the flow will work properly. For example, if they write [12] in the short answer and I have it set to 'contains' it will email to both or neither.

~~

I am really trying to make it work with radio buttons to reduce human error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KPaterson ,

Maybe you might consider adding a Switch Action.

vyujincuimsft_1-1649755746173.png

vyujincuimsft_0-1649755692489.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

Sure, so I'm going to use an example with a Microsoft Form - 

Rhiassuring_0-1649566562230.png

Let's say that "Rhia" would go to my email address, and "Not Rhia" would go to yours.

I'm a big believer in settings lists - I would likely create a list that would have "Rhia" and "Not Rhia" in the title column and then the email in a second column, so if a non-flow user needed to update, they could. (Also easier to manager if you ever increase from 3 to 5, or 10, etc.) 

In the set-up of the form, when you receive your form, you'll have a Dynamic Content for the Radio Button itself. From there, you can use a condition to set "Is Radio = Not Rhia?" If yes, query "Not Rhia" from the list and get the associated email. Set the "txtEmail", all the other conditions will evaluate to "no" and it'll move to the end, then just send your email to "txtEmail"

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KPaterson ,

Maybe you might consider adding a Switch Action.

vyujincuimsft_1-1649755746173.png

vyujincuimsft_0-1649755692489.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

I agree with using a switch action, but, I'd recommend setting a variable in the switch, and then the email on the outside so you don't have to update the email every time if it needs a change.

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,252)