Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Re-check SharePoint list after trigger

Hi

I'm working on a Flow that is triggered based on a creation or modification of an item in a SPO list.  Its a custom approval flow (not using the PowerAutomate approval control).  Within the flow I have a delay and then another email notification is send, this is to act as the "backup" to the primary approver, i.e. primary approver does not respond within x time (status doesn't change to approve) an email is sent to the backup.  This is all in one flow and I see what's happening is that the flow doesn't recheck the SPO list so it doesn't see the status change.  

I tried adding a get items from the SPO list, but I'm assuming I need to narrow it down to the exact line item (ID), haven't figured out the formula for that yet.  The alternative im thinking about is to trigger another flow to send this to the backup.

3 REPLIES 3
ArchitectMadhan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@kilaj1 , My suggestion for your problem would be, to create a Schedule flow that will run daily and fetch the items that are created before X days [(Created Date - Current date) >= X days] and status is not "Approved", then start sending email to the backup person for each item.

Note: After creating the schedule flow remove the "delay and send email action for backup" from your existing flow.

Please accept it as solution and give thumbs up, If it works for you.

Dejinmi
Community Support
Community Support

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the Power Automate approval control? I ask because this would be easier to achieve within the same flow with the Approval action. You can set a variable called ApprovalDone and include a Do until to check after x time has elapsed if the value of the variable is now True and if not send the email to the backup.

kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for the responses, I figured it out with using a get item to the SPO list. @Dejinmi the flow isn't a straight forward approval workflow, multiple stages and options to restart, the status are not just approved, not approved, plus I needed to create a Workflow History (with a gallery).

But I will see if the approval control can be used in other areas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,988)