cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasonl2019
Level: Power Up

Read contents of CSV email attachment into SQL

HI All. I need some help with reading a CSV email attachment into a SQL database. I get an automated email everyday that gets imported into Power BI. However, for efficiency, I want to use a database to store the data instead of an every growing colleciton of flat files. I can copy the attachment to a sharepoint folder, but I'd rather read the CSV into a database. However, I can't figure out how to get the contents of the attachment into the SQL database table I created. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Read contents of CSV email attachment into SQL

Hi @jasonl2019 

In my knowledge there are no standard flow action steps available for reading CSV file.

However there is Plumsail document connector (thirdparty) allows you to convert CSV into an array for each column.

https://plumsail.com/docs/documents/v1.x/flow/how-tos/documents/read-a-CSV-file-and-bulk-generate-do...

You could try getting the email attachments as an excel document. Excel List rows flow action can read the contents of excel sheet.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Read contents of CSV email attachment into SQL

Hi @jasonl2019,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 366 members 4,280 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: