cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Read contents of out of office message

We are looking to have an automatic out of office applied if the user forgets to set one based on their calendar activities, that has some form of customisation in the out of office message. In this example delagate send to address for query types.

I have a working flow that checks a calendar for an out of office activity, checks if OOO has already been set and if not calcualtes the next available day and populates that into a new out of office message and activates it.

What we're looking to do is to add a little user customisation. for example one of our managers currently has OOO that details who to forward specific request types to in his abscence. what we'd like to be able to do is read the exsisting message (I know I would have to temporarily turn on out of office for this) capture the message and add it to calculated steps above.

While I can see the message using get mail tips for mailbox v2, I can't seem to get the contents "out" I have tried adding a convert html to text step and even a simple compose step using the 'automaticReplies' container but it would appear empty when looking at the run results.

One.pngTwo.PNG

thank you for any help or pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Read contents of out of office message

MS found the bug.  A fix has been submitted for release. It should be available in all tenants by 09/09.

Meanwhile you may explicit add ‘Apply to each’ action to get OOO message:

screenshot.jpg

Where ‘value’ in apply to each action is body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox_(V2)')?['value']

And message would be items('Apply_to_each')?['automaticReplies']?['message']

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The field you are looking for isn't the Automatic Replies, its the message field.  I've got an Approval Flow I built that looks for the potential Approver's OOO before sending the Approval.  If its turned on then I look at the Message itself and extract the first email address that is mentioned. I then send the Approval to that email instead.  Here's the actual code I'm using to retrieve the body of the OOO Message, although I'm not doing anything with it in terms of HTML.

body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox')?['AutomaticReplies']?['Message']

Try just adding the Message Dynamic content to a String Variable.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Correction.

I did this in July when this action was still in preview.  It looks like they have renamed the dynamic content to the one you are using.  I would still try loading it directly into a string variable to see what you have.  It may not be HTML and that's why its failing.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I tried this earlier but have just tried again.

I've tried simply sending an email to my self with the automaticReplies message in the body, as well as creating a string variable assigining it the automaticReplies message variable, and the html to text version.

All 3 entries are blank.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Let me switch my Flow over from the preview action to the V2 action and I'll see if it works for me.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you - kinda hoping its not just me, but also just me at the same time (simple solution I hope)

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Its not Just You.  There appears to be a bug in the V2 action.  I've reported it.  Hopefully they will either restore the original version, which works, or fix the new version.

What I think may be the issue is that the new OOO message should read in dynamic content as a collection since you can add multiple emails to check.  Version one only let you look at a single email.  But its registering in dynamic content as a regular string, not a collection of strings.

I'll let you know what I hear back.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for checking this, i'll put this flow on hold until they get back to you.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

MS found the bug.  A fix has been submitted for release. It should be available in all tenants by 09/09.

Meanwhile you may explicit add ‘Apply to each’ action to get OOO message:

screenshot.jpg

Where ‘value’ in apply to each action is body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox_(V2)')?['value']

And message would be items('Apply_to_each')?['automaticReplies']?['message']

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

wow that's pretty fast, certainly faster than i would expect! thank you!

9th of September isn't too far to wait and will allow us time to internally test the other parts of the flow and tweak where required, this will thena llow me to get this added in the version released after that.

thank you very much for looking into this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,614)