cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Read library file properties excluding the folders

Hi All,

I am working on a flow to read 'Created' date for all the files in document library. It also needs to exclude the folders and read only the files created in the library. I could able to put an expression in Filter Array action to filter the folders but unable to read the 'Created' date.

Please see the below flow and suggest an expression which could read the 'Created' date.

Loop through the document libraryLoop through the document library

Thanks,

Kunal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scott,

I think I got a solution for that. I just have to give expression as 'item()?['Created']' for inputs of Compose action. Please see below.

FlowIssue-Created3.PNG

Thanks everyone for the immediate response.

Thanks,

Kunal

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Kunal!

Please add a terminate action after the Get files action. This will make it so that you can run the flow simply to test the Get files.

Run it and, after that, open the flow run, open the first action card and check the output. Is the "Created date" a parameter that shows up on the output?

Hi Edguerre,

"Get Files' action could able to return all the data for Folders+Documents. I added 'Filter Array' action to filter the folders but to check I added a Compose action to return the 'Created' date but no idea what inputs shall I provide as from 'Filter Array' action it returns 'Body' and 'Items' but when I provide items it seems to be infinite loop as the step went successful but shown disabled. Please see below.

FlowIssue-Created2.PNG

I need to know what expression should I provide to inputs in 'Compose' action so that it will return 'Created' date.

Thanks,

Kunal

Hi Kunal,

Can you please post the output of Get Files? The output should be a JSON and we should be able to Parse that JSON, and extract the created date from there. However, this attribute must be present in the output.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Super User III
Super User III

@basukunal001 

Here are two possible solutions to your issue:

Solution 1

Solution 2

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I think I got a solution for that. I just have to give expression as 'item()?['Created']' for inputs of Compose action. Please see below.

FlowIssue-Created3.PNG

Thanks everyone for the immediate response.

Thanks,

Kunal

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,199)