cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Reading the attachment in email and append the rows to an existing file in sharepoint

Hello Power Users,

I'd like to ask if somebody already did a flow that reads the attachment in an email and get the rows inside to add its contents in an exisisting file inside sharepoint with all the columns aligned and intack.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Maku 

To read rows from an excel file, it is needed that the excel file sits in an online document library (SharePoint/ OneDrive etc.). Also, to read the rows from an excel, you need to mention the specific file and the table from which yo want to read those rows (the excel data should be formatted as a table) and the excel connector in flow does not support dynamic file name referencing which means that the excel file needs to be there on the onedrive or sharepoint and in the List rows action you need to select that file y clicking the folder icon and then the table from the dropdown. 

One way you could do this is, create a flow that takes the attachment from the flow and replaces an already exisitng excel file. Post that you can reference this excel file in your flow and perform the further actions. Makes sense? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hello @yashag2255,

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried creating this kind of flow but got lost because I am struggling with understanding the terms inside the flow.

Please check out the flow that I'm planning to create along with my remarks. I also agree with what you want the flow should be.

What are the steps.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@Maku 

That trigger is for when a new file is created. But you will be updating the file based on the attachment in the email right?

Highlighted

@yashag2255 

Correct.

I already create a separate flow to collate the emails with attachment.

Now, I'm rerouting my focus on this kind of flow whenever a specific sharepoint folder was updated.

Can you help with the missing steps?

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,645)