cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Reading xml file from onedrive

I am reading the contents of an xml file from onedrive, however it is adding \r\n to the end of every node.

Having worked out that I need to turn off the "infer content" on the "get file content" card I believe, so that I can access the $content section of the body, I am now stuck on this.

The file in onedrive is a well formed xml file, just need to know how to access the data if anyone knows?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Reading xml file from onedrive

@MartinHutchcpa 

I have attached some pictures to help.

I have added a few compose shapes under yours from your screenshot.

Add these steps and let me know how this works

Pic1.png

Run the Flow and copy the JSON from the compose shape as seen below

Run the flow and copy the JSON outputRun the flow and copy the JSON output

Go back to edit mode and add Parse JSON shape.. Add the Inputs as the Compose shape 3 (the JSON expression one)

Than Select Generate Sample JSON and Paste the copied JSON from before.. Click done

Add a Parse JSON shape -- use outputs from the JSON Compose -- Click Generate Sample JSONAdd a Parse JSON shape -- use outputs from the JSON Compose -- Click Generate Sample JSONPaste the sampled JSON that you copied from the successful run. Click DonePaste the sampled JSON that you copied from the successful run. Click Done

Now you should be able to select the Dynamic content from your file

Now you can dynamically select the content within your file from OneDriveNow you can dynamically select the content within your file from OneDrive

Hope this helps

--Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

To add a bit more info.

When I read the file it has \r\n added to each line

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Have you tried using the JSON expression. This way you can run the flow and get the JSON output. Than re edit your flow to use the parse JSON action.

--Josh

If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartinHutchcpa ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Josh,

I realise this may be a silly question, but can you explain what you mean by using the JSON expression.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Here is the screen shot Alice.

xml.png

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

When I open the response from Compose 2, this is the first part of what I get back. The problem is the addition of the \r\n I believe

"?<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>\r\n<Message xmlns=\"ESFA/ILR/2019-20\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\">\r\n <Header>\r\n <CollectionDetails>\r\n <Collection>ILR</Collection>\r\n <Year>1920</Year>\r\n <FilePreparationDate>2020-01-23</FilePreparationDate>\r\n </CollectionDetails>\r\n <Source>\r\n <ProtectiveMarking>OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE-Personal</ProtectiveMarking>\r\n <UKPRN>1000000</UKPRN>\r\n <SoftwareSupplier>Education &amp; Skills Funding Agency</SoftwareSupplier>\r\n <SoftwarePackage>ILR Learner Entry</SoftwarePackage>\r\n <Release>1.4.0.0</Release>\r\n <SerialNo>01</SerialNo>\r\n <DateTime>2020-01-23T03:21:27</DateTime>\r\n </Source>\r\n </Header>\r\n <LearningProvider>\r\n <UKPRN>1000</UKPRN>\r\n </LearningProvider>\r\n <Learner>\r\n <LearnRefNumber>0001</LearnRefNumber>\r\n <ULN>7654</ULN>\r\n <FamilyName>xxx</FamilyName>\r\n <GivenNames>Barbb</GivenNames>\r\n <DateOfBirth>1985-01-01</DateOfBirth>\r\n <Ethnicity>31</Ethnicity>\r\n <Sex>M</Sex>\r\n <LLDDHealthProb>0</LLDDHealthProb>\r\n <NINumber>JB4</NINumber>\r\n <PriorAttain>1</PriorAttain>\r\n

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@MartinHutchcpa 

I have attached some pictures to help.

I have added a few compose shapes under yours from your screenshot.

Add these steps and let me know how this works

Pic1.png

Run the Flow and copy the JSON from the compose shape as seen below

Run the flow and copy the JSON outputRun the flow and copy the JSON output

Go back to edit mode and add Parse JSON shape.. Add the Inputs as the Compose shape 3 (the JSON expression one)

Than Select Generate Sample JSON and Paste the copied JSON from before.. Click done

Add a Parse JSON shape -- use outputs from the JSON Compose -- Click Generate Sample JSONAdd a Parse JSON shape -- use outputs from the JSON Compose -- Click Generate Sample JSONPaste the sampled JSON that you copied from the successful run. Click DonePaste the sampled JSON that you copied from the successful run. Click Done

Now you should be able to select the Dynamic content from your file

Now you can dynamically select the content within your file from OneDriveNow you can dynamically select the content within your file from OneDrive

Hope this helps

--Josh

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Excellent, thank you.

I have learned a new technique.

Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,890)