cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothsnag
Frequent Visitor

Reassign Task - Insufficient privileges to complete the operation

I'm building an Approval Flow using Power Automate which captures approval from External users. If any of my external user is busy or out of office, he would like to reassign his/her task to different person. But unfortunately this feature not working and it shows insufficient privileges. 

jyothsnag_0-1609931127959.png

Although Reassign works for internal users perfectly.

Can any one suggests if this is a restriction or issue. It would be great If you can provide an alternative to solve this scenario. Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
mobashee
Community Support
Community Support

Dear partner,

User you are trying to reassign should be part of your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.

Regards,

Mohamed Sanuj Basheer

Thanks @mobashee for your response. Do you have/found any supporting Microsoft article or User Voice to state that Reassign functionality is available only to Internal Users and not to the External/Guest Users.

mobashee
Community Support
Community Support

Dear partner,

Email id which you are entering should get resolved as below

mobashee_0-1609939616160.png

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.

Regards,

Mohamed Sanuj Basheer

The person who is trying to reassign is an external user, I suppose External users don't have the possibility to search users from the people picker provided in the Reassign screen. So I was looking for a supporting article which confirms my assumption. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,021)