Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Recipients not set clientRequestId:

I have the following list which have a Type + People or group fields:-

p1.png

and inside Power automate i am getting the related item based of the type >> then i am passing the Responsible Person email to the "Grant access to an item or folder" action , as follow:-

f1.png

f2.png

but the "Grant access to an item or folder" action is returning this error:-

no1.png

any advice on this please?

3 REPLIES 3
Ramiro

I'm getting same error randomly. It works in almost all the cases, but time to time it fails...

Were you able to fix it?

nikola_bgd
Advocate II
Advocate II

Having the same issue.. any solutions? 

eliotcole
Power Participant
Power Participant

Are you passing an email address into the recipients field?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#grant-access-to-an-item-or-a-folder

I just tested this with an email in a compose, feeding into the same action, and it worked. I don't say that to devalue your experiences, more to try to find out either what I'm doing right, here, or what is not setup quite correctly on your (various) end(s).

Ah! I think I know what the issue is here ... gimme a second. 😅

Essentially, you need to pick a SUBSET of the data from the value that you're presenting. You're presenting too complicated an item to the recipients field. You're giving it MORE than just an email.

EDIT - You need to choose the 'Responsible Person Email' from the dynamic data list, that's your goto here.

Sorry, ignore the above, I've read your post more carefully, you're already using that data.

Question, regarding the users in question:

1. Are they already in the appropriate SharePoint/365 group that has access to the list/file?
  2. It might sound crazy, but do their accounts have an email address associated with them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,292)