cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmine2020
Microsoft
Microsoft

Record ID not appearing in CDS List Records

I did this to locate the GUID for the Features Category lookup. The LogicApp ran well but the output is [] an empty array (see below)

:

jasmine2020_4-1596599182008.png

jasmine2020_6-1596599225221.png

Does this mean that the CRM does not have the ID for this lookup?

Also, for this text field, below, there are over 3000 distinct texts, similar to the ASME: Azure stack. Does this mean I have to perform the list record for every single text?

jasmine2020_7-1596599261961.png

Also, where do I find the name for the search query? for example for the Features Category, I guessed at ems_name. But how do I know this for sure?

Finally, once I located the GUID, how do I place this in the logic app?

jasmine2020_8-1596599328022.png

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @jasmine2020 ,

I have build a small Proof of Concept (POC) for you based on all the information you have provided.

For context, in my POC I will be using 2 entities

One called Activities -- These are top level, activities will have tasks created under them by a lookup.

One called Tasks -- These are bottom level, all tasks have a lookup field to relate the tasks to the activities.

I will have an activity name, and will be checking if it exists in my Activity entity

My POC:

First we want to initialize a Variable string for our GUID later on.

Jcook_1-1596609528796.png

I will use a list records with a filter to check if my activity name is found in CDS

Jcook_0-1596609387066.png

Next we want to add a If condition to check if the output from our list records is empty or not..

We can do this using an expression called length( ) and passing in the value

Type length() in the expression tab, than click dynamic content and select the value from the List records action

You will want to match my condition below is greater than 0

Jcook_2-1596609753255.png

Now in the if true block:

We will add a Set variable action

and select our variable that we created at the beginning, now in the dynamic content find the field that says

"Unique Identifier for entity instance"

This is grabbing the guid from the list records

NOTE an apply to each will be created automatically like in my picture below. This is fine

Jcook_3-1596610115332.png

Now in the if False branch:

Create a new activity with the activity name. since it does not exist in our entity.

Now using a set variable just like in the If true branch, we set the same variable with the same value (guid) but this time we select the dynamic content from the create a record

Jcook_4-1596610389112.png

Now outside the condition, we create can create new tasks that can relate to the Activities since we have the lookup value regardless if the activity exists or not.

In my POC the lookup field in my task entity is where I place the variable that has the GUID from the activity.

Jcook_5-1596610738528.png

Hopefully this helps you!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @jasmine2020 ,

I have build a small Proof of Concept (POC) for you based on all the information you have provided.

For context, in my POC I will be using 2 entities

One called Activities -- These are top level, activities will have tasks created under them by a lookup.

One called Tasks -- These are bottom level, all tasks have a lookup field to relate the tasks to the activities.

I will have an activity name, and will be checking if it exists in my Activity entity

My POC:

First we want to initialize a Variable string for our GUID later on.

Jcook_1-1596609528796.png

I will use a list records with a filter to check if my activity name is found in CDS

Jcook_0-1596609387066.png

Next we want to add a If condition to check if the output from our list records is empty or not..

We can do this using an expression called length( ) and passing in the value

Type length() in the expression tab, than click dynamic content and select the value from the List records action

You will want to match my condition below is greater than 0

Jcook_2-1596609753255.png

Now in the if true block:

We will add a Set variable action

and select our variable that we created at the beginning, now in the dynamic content find the field that says

"Unique Identifier for entity instance"

This is grabbing the guid from the list records

NOTE an apply to each will be created automatically like in my picture below. This is fine

Jcook_3-1596610115332.png

Now in the if False branch:

Create a new activity with the activity name. since it does not exist in our entity.

Now using a set variable just like in the If true branch, we set the same variable with the same value (guid) but this time we select the dynamic content from the create a record

Jcook_4-1596610389112.png

Now outside the condition, we create can create new tasks that can relate to the Activities since we have the lookup value regardless if the activity exists or not.

In my POC the lookup field in my task entity is where I place the variable that has the GUID from the activity.

Jcook_5-1596610738528.png

Hopefully this helps you!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,819)