cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konradsiekacz
Frequent Visitor

Record default case from switch control in sharepoint

Hi everybody,

I have issue with record default options from switch. 
Firstly, I send email with options to user, and check in switch if user choose one of 3 options. When any option was choose I want to save default option from switch.  I set up duration time for user to make a choice 1 minute just for checking if it's working in email settings and in switch should run after options I mark to options "has faild" and "has timed out". Is it possible to configure email or switch control to save default case when no options was choose from email?
Below is my flow. If you can give me any advice I will be very grateful 🙂

konradsiekacz_0-1656589678635.png

konradsiekacz_2-1656589816261.png

konradsiekacz_5-1656589963253.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @konradsiekacz ,

Could you please tell me:

Do you want to proceed with the next action after sending an email with options but no one replies after a while?

1. You can set Timeout in "Menu for Send email with options" on the right side of Send email with options.

2. You can set the time you want to wait in Timeout. The rules of time setting follow ISO 8601 format. This link helps you understand the format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

vliweimsft_0-1657078783997.png

vliweimsft_1-1657078784001.png

3. Switch does not recognize null values, so I suggest you add a condition to determine whether the option selection is null.

4. When empty, the proof option is not selected. When not empty, the proof option is selected and you can use switch below to discriminate the selected answer.

vliweimsft_2-1657078784004.png

5. Select "Configure run after" in "Menu for Condition" on the right side of the condition and select "has timed out".

vliweimsft_3-1657078784006.png

Best Regards,

Levi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @konradsiekacz ,

Could you please tell me:

Do you want to proceed with the next action after sending an email with options but no one replies after a while?

1. You can set Timeout in "Menu for Send email with options" on the right side of Send email with options.

2. You can set the time you want to wait in Timeout. The rules of time setting follow ISO 8601 format. This link helps you understand the format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

vliweimsft_0-1657078783997.png

vliweimsft_1-1657078784001.png

3. Switch does not recognize null values, so I suggest you add a condition to determine whether the option selection is null.

4. When empty, the proof option is not selected. When not empty, the proof option is selected and you can use switch below to discriminate the selected answer.

vliweimsft_2-1657078784004.png

5. Select "Configure run after" in "Menu for Condition" on the right side of the condition and select "has timed out".

vliweimsft_3-1657078784006.png

Best Regards,

Levi

konradsiekacz
Frequent Visitor

@v-liwei-msft Thank you for answer. 
This is what I was searching and I did. I found exactly this same solution on other site 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,302)