cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Record form responses in SharePoint Template Error 502

I am using a flow template that creates list items when a new Microsoft Form response is submitted.

I am getting this error each time I submit a form, the flow cannot create the item because of a date error.
Body
{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "7cb3671e-7b64-4f75-904e-c2891c1c223f",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 502,
      "message": "The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0.\r\nclientRequestId: 7cb3671e-7b64-4f75-904e-c2891c1c223f\r\nserviceRequestId: b319559e-d0c6-5000-55d6-a4bad361a06c",
      "source": "ourorganization.sharepoint.com/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.CreateListItem",
      "errors": [
        "-1",
        "System.FormatException"
      ]
    }
  }
}
What is the work around for this? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Record form responses in SharePoint Template Error 502

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, could you please show more details about your Microsoft Forms?

The error message told that the string could not be recognized as a valid DateTime within the "Create item" action of your flow. I suppose that there is a Date type column in your SharePoint list, please check if you have filled a String type dynamic content from the "Get response details" action within the Date field of "Create item" action.

I have created a Microsoft Form on my side and the data structure of it as below:20.JPG

Note: The Due Date question is a Date type in my Form.

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:23.JPG

24.JPG

If you want to store the answer of Date question of your Form into the Date type column of your SharePoint list, please set this question as a Date type question as below:21.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Record form responses in SharePoint Template Error 502

@v-xida-msft Thank you for taking the time to explore this on your own. I found that whenever I would change a SharePoint list column property (change from "single line of text" to "date and time", for example) and/or add a Microsoft Forms question that used "date and time" where it had previously been "single line of text", it would break the existing flow I had created.

As a workaround, I had to create a new Flow after I had made the changes to the form and the SharePoint list. When I make a new flow, the problem goes away. Something about changing fields in the sharepoint list and/or form after you have built a flow around them breaks the flow completely. If you try it on your side you will see what I mean.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 232 members 5,301 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: