cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPowers29

Record multiple choice Form answers in a SharePoint multiple choice column

Hi All,

I've seen versions of this issue but haven't found anything that exactly matches the issue I'm having. 

I have a Microsoft Form that allows colleagues who are on the road to report their interactions with other organisations. The form has a number of free-text fields and a multiple-choice field. The multiple-choice field allows them to select the country or countries that are represented at a particular event.

I also have a SharePoint list with column titles that exactly match those on the Form. 

I'm trying to set up an automation that will automatically record the Form responses in the right columns on SharePoint. To do this I'm currently using the 'Record form responses in SharePoint' template automation. All of the data from the Form transfers to the SharePoint list except the responses related to the Country information. 

Is there a way for the multiple-choice Country answers in the Form to be automatically inputted into the SharePoint list? 

I'm surprised this isn't done automatically in the way that free text is, given both the Form and SharePoint list column are formatted as multiple-choice. I also have an automation that creates an entry in a SharePoint list whenever an entry is made in another SharePoint list and that has absolutely no problem moving multiple-choice data so I'm struggling to understand why its such an issue with data from Forms.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SPowers29 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you are trying to copy response from Form to SharePoint list. But currently stuck due to multi-choice parameter on both sides. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

If that’s the case, please refer:

My Form:

v-duann-msft_0-1616137549237.png

My List:

v-duann-msft_1-1616137549240.png

Flow overview:

v-duann-msft_2-1616137549243.png

Flow in detail:

v-duann-msft_3-1616137549246.png

v-duann-msft_4-1616137549253.png

Once I test, I’m able to create item in list with multi-selection.

v-duann-msft_5-1616137549255.png

v-duann-msft_6-1616137549256.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SPowers29 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you are trying to copy response from Form to SharePoint list. But currently stuck due to multi-choice parameter on both sides. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

If that’s the case, please refer:

My Form:

v-duann-msft_0-1616137549237.png

My List:

v-duann-msft_1-1616137549240.png

Flow overview:

v-duann-msft_2-1616137549243.png

Flow in detail:

v-duann-msft_3-1616137549246.png

v-duann-msft_4-1616137549253.png

Once I test, I’m able to create item in list with multi-selection.

v-duann-msft_5-1616137549255.png

v-duann-msft_6-1616137549256.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

View solution in original post

Hi Anna,

This is exactly the functionality I'm looking for. I've tried to build the flow as you showed it in your screenshots, however, whenever I submit a response in the form the Flow fails with an 'Item could not be created' error message. 

I've included screenshots of my Form, List, Flow and error message. Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong would be great.Error messageError messageFlowFlowFlow 2Flow 2Flow 3Flow 3FormFormListList

Hi @SPowers29 

Thank you for your detailed information.

I checked your flow steps and most of settings should be no problem except the 'append to array variable 'action. Please kindly change value to this format and try again. Meanwhile, you can go back to my first response if necessary. No worries, you are about to succeed.

v-duann-msft_0-1616392589922.png

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Anna

SPowers29

Hi Anna,

Many thanks for this, the flow is working perfectly now. 

Thanks for your explanation on all of this it will certainly make things a lot easier for my colleagues and I from now on!

Hi @v-duann-msft,

Another question on this I'm hoping you're able to answer. In the same Form I have a second multiple choice question and I'm trying to add the responses to a SharePoint multiple choice column exactly the same was as the Country information we already worked with.

I've tried creating a parallel branch within the flow you helped me to create using exactly the same actions (see attachment), however I receive the error message 'Correct to include a valid reference to 'Compose 2' for the input parameters of action 'Apply to each 2'.

Do you know how to solve this? Is running a parallel branch in this kind of flow possible?

Many ThanksParallel Branch.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,636)