cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Recreating Recurring Events/Birthdays in Sharepoint Online Event Calendar

*** See other thread *** located @

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Recreating-Recurring-Sharepoint-Calendar-Events/t...

Hi all, I am trying to recreate recurring events in Sharepoint Online's Modern UI Event Webpart via MS Flow.

My initial plan is

1. a daily recurring flow
  2. get events list data for the current day from sharepoint site
  3. if an event's Category == Birthday
  4. pull out the Start Time and End Time dynamic variables
  5. increment the years on both of them by 1
  6. plug the new variables into a Create Item action, with the rest of the existing event data, to make a new item a year later
  7. repeat for any other events who's Category == Birthday

I am struggling with filtering the Events data for just the current day, as well as manipulating the Start/End times. I believe they come through as a string so the Increment Variable function can't be directly used. 

How would I go about extracting the year from the Start/End Date Dynamic variables, converting them into an integer, increment it, then plug it back into a string variable for the Create Item action?

What OData string would be necessary to filter the events just for the current day?

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 1.23.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 1.24.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 1.24.23 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jrogles ,

If you want to filter the events just for the current day, please format the date to “MM-dd”.

A simple example likes below:

1.PNG2.PNG

By the way, in the action Set variable, it seems that you are trying to use a function to return certain value, please put the function under Expression tab.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jrogles ,

If you want to filter the events just for the current day, please format the date to “MM-dd”.

A simple example likes below:

1.PNG2.PNG

By the way, in the action Set variable, it seems that you are trying to use a function to return certain value, please put the function under Expression tab.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply, but we can close this thread. I had another thread going when this one was marked as abuse:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Recreating-Recurring-Sharepoint-Calendar-Events/t...

I am currently getting stuck on a 502 bad gateway error with an HTTP request to Sharepoint to make the event list item an All Day Event. But I have a much cleaner flow!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,743)