Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dB4
Helper III
Helper III

Recurr. Flow for GET API and SharePoint List

Hello All,

We are looking to GET data from an API address and entry the data into a SharePoint online list.

Kindly note that API requires authentication.

Is that possible?

PS. Forgot to mention that the API data can be retrieved in JSON and XML format.

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dB4  what type of authentication does your API have? If you have license to use premium connectors then you can use HTTP action to get data from API. To create entry in SharePoint list you can use Create Item action or SharePoint REST API using Send HTTP request to SharePoint action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello @annajhaveri ,

Authentication type is the Key from the API provider.

I managed to create a recurr. Flow - below screenshot, but it keeps on Failing.

Entered sample in Parse section is of below form:

{"DATA":"","DATA2":"","DATA3":""}

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

And the Fail messages are below.

error1.PNGerror2.PNG

annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dB4  apologies for late response, from your flow screenshot it looks like the API call works, but when you parse API response as json is not working, as your API is returning XML instead of JSON. Are you using custom API here? Can it return json response instead of XML, then you can use parse json action, otherwise you need to add logic in your flow to parse XML, you can refer to this post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Parsing-HTTP-response-Body-to-extract-XML-p... to learn how to parse xml in flows.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,431)