cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaycock
Helper III
Helper III

Recurrence Triggers

I'm looking to build a flow that sends weekly emails to a new starter at our company, with a maximum of 10 emails being sent over 9 weeks. 

Is this possible to do? I wasn't sure the best way to trigger this automatically apart from having a form that connects which someone can fill in the name and email of the person that the emails need to send to, but then I wasn't sure how to set up the weekly occurrences after that?

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@khaycock  If you are planing to inputs via MS FORM then store response in SharePoint List when someone respond. Once you have data in your list then create one recurrence flow which will send weekly emails.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@khaycock  If you are planing to inputs via MS FORM then store response in SharePoint List when someone respond. Once you have data in your list then create one recurrence flow which will send weekly emails.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

Do you think there is a better way of doing it? 

@khaycock  it will depend how you will collect data. 

But you have to store data first then create recurring flow on that data. 

What kind of improvement you want to see?

@Hardesh

No idea really, you just made it sound like there was another option! Ultimately, instead of the Form, an admin could just write the name and email to a sharepoint list and that triggers the flow instead then?

@khaycock  this is also fine. You can use this one as well. 

Let me know if you need anything.

@Hardesh

@khaycock  let me give you options

1. MS Form

2. SharePoint list form

3. Powerapps form

4. Excel sheets

There are more but mostly used i listed. You can any mention option for your case.

@Hardesh

Okay great, thank you! 

Sorry I've just thought about this a bit more. I still need the names that are being entered to send off a trigger though, its not just all the names need all the emails. It's one person gets added and then that sends off 10 weeks of emails etc, rather than the whole list getting constant emails. Is that possible?

@khaycock  Either one person can add all emails or you can take inputs from each user. Both will work here. When you willl create flow use Send email.

@Hardesh

But surely I need to start the flow with recurrence to get the emails to be sent weekly? How else can I get them to be sent weekly?

@khaycock There is another option for such thing. You can create one calculated column in SharePoint in which you can add 7 days to created date which will give you exact week date from today date. Then you can use this column in your flow.

@Hardesh

How would I use these dates to trigger an email?

brendenweaver

Hi @khaycock , 

I encountered this same issue but just discovered a solution. Rather than creating it as a "Recurrence," (which I have not been able to find a way to trigger), instead create it as a "Trigger." Then, you can add a delay effect in between each action repeated multiple times, imitating the recurrence effect. 

For example, I need to send an email every week for 5 weeks once a new client is added (trigger). So, I create it as a trigger then manually add 5 email actions, each separated by a one week delay.

Hopefully this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,905)