cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Recurrence can't be set at 1.5 years or more

I'm new to Microsoft Flow and I would like to use Flow to send an email to me and my team every 2 years that an SSL certificate of a website is expiring.

In Recurrence step, there is no 'Year' option to choose (biggest is Month) so I set the interval to be 24 months and hit save but it showed an error message.

I then changed the frequency to be custom and typed 'Year' and set interval at '1' and hit save again. This time it didn't show any errors.

So I tried changing the interval and found out that Flow won't let me set the value at 1.5 years or more.

For example:

1.5 years = error

1.4 years = no error

16.5 months = no error

16.6 months = error (showing the value was 17 so I guess it rounded up)

Is there any workaround that I can set it to send a simple email every 2 years? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Recurrence can't be set at 1.5 years or more

Hi @Pitawat ,

You could try the following methods to achieve your needs.

This method seems to consume some Flow runs, but it is only a small part. And after the release of the new license plan in October, the new plan will cancel Flow run limits, so this concern can be ignored. Please take a try.

For example, if you need to send a notification every 2 years at 09-01, you need to judge whether the date of the day is 09-01.

And judge whether it has been two years.

Image reference:

117.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @Pitawat 

Currently there is a limitation that the recurrence trigger can have a max recurrence interval of 500 days. 

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

You might want to raise a request here (or upvote similar ones) if you think that this interval should be increased: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

You could create a sharepoint list (or excel as a data source) and put the details over there, keep checking the date column and then perform actions accordingly. But this workaround is inefficient as it will unnecessarily consume flow runs. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pitawat ,

You could try the following methods to achieve your needs.

This method seems to consume some Flow runs, but it is only a small part. And after the release of the new license plan in October, the new plan will cancel Flow run limits, so this concern can be ignored. Please take a try.

For example, if you need to send a notification every 2 years at 09-01, you need to judge whether the date of the day is 09-01.

And judge whether it has been two years.

Image reference:

117.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Your workaround is brilliant! Thanks.

Also thanks to @yashag2255 for informing us that the limit for recurrence is 500 days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,482)