Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doddy83
Helper III
Helper III

Recurrence flow to run when calculated due date is reached

Hello,

I am trying to get a flow to run when an item in a SP list's 'NextReviewDate' is reached. See below

Flowissue.jpg

As you can see from the next screenshot, there is an item in the list (29) that brings back todays date (17/12/2020) but the flow still brings back a false result?

Flowissue2.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the list showing the 'NextReviewDate' of 17/12/2020 (this is a calculated column and the formula is =LastReviewDate+ReviewFrequency)

Flowissue3.jpg

The flow doesn't fail, it just doesn't pick up the NextReviewDate and run down the 'true' route. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm assuming its an issue with my expression in the condition, I have tried a few other ways with no joy.

Cheers

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Doddy83 

Give this a try:

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Doddy83 

The best way to approach this will be to use a filter query in your get items action - you should not need a condition as only the items that meet your criteria will be returned.  Set your recurrence trigger to run daily.

Click on Show advanced properties to see the filter query input area.

Your filter will likely look something like this:

NextReviewDate eq 'formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')'

The quotes in the example above are all single quotes.

image.png

Scott

@ScottShearer ,

Thanks for the quick reply, although I have tried something like this but it says you cant do this on a calculated column?

Flowissue4.JPG

Is there a way I can use the 'LastReviewDate' and add 91 days to it so I can remove the need to use the calculated column in Flow?

@Doddy83 

Give this a try:

image.png

Scott

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! worked a treat. So simple when you know how!

Doddy83
Helper III
Helper III

@ScottShearer  - I know this is an old post now but I'm finding that when there are two entries with the same review date, it seems to be picking them both up but they are not running parallel, the first one runs, then once that's all approved the 2nd one starts? However the second one fails due to there being no valid approvers? I'm assuming this is due to the way I've got the 'Apply to Each' setup. 

I have raised this separately on a new case here but I'm yet to get any answers?

Any advise you could provide would be much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,525)