cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpark1409
Level: Powered On

Recursively Run Through Directory Structure?

Hi,

I am building a flow to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure - Initiallly I just want to list the files and folders, but I will also want to carry out other file operations (eg. to copy or move folders / files).

I was hoping to do this recursively, but have not been able to work out how to use the 'do-until loop' &/or 'Flow Management -> Start Flow Connector' to achieve the following business logic:

Logic.jpg

Does anyone out there have any suggestions / advice on how best to achieve this?

At the moment, I have just built the recursion using nesting (See below), but this is limited to a depth of 5 folders, due to the following limit - 'Allowed action nesting depth' -> Limit 5 - The note states that 'You can add nested workflows to extend this as needed.', but I have not been able to find anything that explains how this can be achieved?

Many thanks in advance.

Flow1.jpgFlow2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Recursively Run Through Directory Structure?

Hi @bpark1409,

What do you want to do using the "Start Flow" action action of Flow management connector?

Do you want to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure using a "Start Flow" action of Flow management connector within another flow?

If you want to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure using the "Start Flow" action of Flow management connector within another flow, I afraid that it could not achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, the "Start Flow" action could only enable a specific flow rather than execute a specific flow. In other words, when a flow is disabled, we could use "Start Flow" action to enable the flow.

I afraid that there is no way to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 148 members 3,121 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: