cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpark1409
Level: Powered On

Recursively Run Through Directory Structure?

Hi,

I am building a flow to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure - Initiallly I just want to list the files and folders, but I will also want to carry out other file operations (eg. to copy or move folders / files).

I was hoping to do this recursively, but have not been able to work out how to use the 'do-until loop' &/or 'Flow Management -> Start Flow Connector' to achieve the following business logic:

Logic.jpg

Does anyone out there have any suggestions / advice on how best to achieve this?

At the moment, I have just built the recursion using nesting (See below), but this is limited to a depth of 5 folders, due to the following limit - 'Allowed action nesting depth' -> Limit 5 - The note states that 'You can add nested workflows to extend this as needed.', but I have not been able to find anything that explains how this can be achieved?

Many thanks in advance.

Flow1.jpgFlow2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Recursively Run Through Directory Structure?

Hi @bpark1409,

What do you want to do using the "Start Flow" action action of Flow management connector?

Do you want to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure using a "Start Flow" action of Flow management connector within another flow?

If you want to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure using the "Start Flow" action of Flow management connector within another flow, I afraid that it could not achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, the "Start Flow" action could only enable a specific flow rather than execute a specific flow. In other words, when a flow is disabled, we could use "Start Flow" action to enable the flow.

I afraid that there is no way to recursively run through a Dropbox directory structure in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
>