cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Redirecting users on an HTTP request

Hi, this isn't strictly a Power Automate question, but was hoping someone may have a solution. I have an unsubscribe flow for my customers that is triggered by an HTTP post request. This request is fired through a simple form on my website.

At the moment, when they submit the form, the page just goes blank, as the action is obviously set to send to the Flow request URL. So the Flow triggers and works fine, it just isn't a great user experience.

Does anyone know the best way to deal with this? i.e. redirect them to another page of my website, but still trigger the HTTP request (and send the form data)?

Any tips would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Managed to find this diary and take some of the principles from this, so consider this solved. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-as-a-Service/ba-p/3...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Managed to find this diary and take some of the principles from this, so consider this solved. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-as-a-Service/ba-p/3...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @JamesSnaps 

I don't know which programming language are you are using, but I attach an example on how to do that by using jQuery, as explained here:

1_vZ4BqVQfsvtpJm_RCsCE2Q.png

On clicking a button (with a class 'btn'), the webservice will be called, and on success, you could redirect the user to another page using windows.location.href='newpage.html', for example.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Highlighted

Thanks @fchopo will look into that too as an alternative to the methods in the link above. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,857)