cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nalhcal
Regular Visitor

Reference n rows of Parse JSON object

Hi guys, I am encountering an issue with the 5000 limit maximum for looping in Microsoft Flow. I have a Parse JSON object with 30,000 rows which are each to be placed into an 'Insert Row' SQL action. I am wondering whether it is possible to reference the first 5000 rows, and put them into the SQL action, and then rows 5001 to 10,000. Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @nalhcal 

I have not tried it the thing I am going to tell you with sql, but I have done it with sharepoint.

Sundeep_Malik_0-1665411299978.png

So, for the 1st one, keep top count as 5000.

Next perform whatever you want to perform.

After that add another Get rows action and in that give top count 5000 and skip count as 5000.

So, now it will read from 5001 to 10000.

And keep doing it till you read all 30000 rows.

takolota
Super User
Super User

@nalhcal @Sundeep_Malik 

You can also try using this batch SQL query flow to send most of the data at once without as much intermediate batching or looping.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/SQL-Batch-Create-Read-Update-and-Delete/...

Hi @Sundeep_Malik , this appears only to apply to the 'get rows' function rather than insert. 

nalhcal
Regular Visitor

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,308)