cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteBow
Level: Powered On

Referencing Get_Rows Output

I have a flow which uses get_rows from an Excel file on One Drive

The output is shown in my flow but as it is not a specific file it does not show Dynamic Values.

The data is shown as part of the get_rows output when I run my flow.

How can I reference the columns from the get_rows output so I can save to a sharepoint list?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Referencing Get_Rows Output

Hi @SteBow,

Could you please show a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, do you want to reference the value within output of "Get rows" action and save them to a SharePoint list?

I think a "Apply to each" action could achieve your needs, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

Note: When you add a "Apply to each" action within your flow, you could select the dynamic values of the output of "Get rows" action within "Create item" action.

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SteBow
Level: Powered On

Re: Referencing Get_Rows Output

@v-xida-msft

Kris,

The part that initially causes an issue is the Excel file, as I want to be able to use differnt excel file based on a template not just a specific one as I wil be adding a new file each week. Once I do this the Flow will run and update the data in the Sharepoint list.

I have sucessly created a flow as below but I want to use (File Identifier) for the filename and (Get Tables) to find the table name as sometimes it can be different.

What I need to know if how to reference columns manually in the create Sharepoint Item Action.

e.g. The Dynamic Content shows:

product.JPG

How do I replicate this using Workflow Definition Language e.g. @output(Get_Rows)['Product'] 

I have managed to sort a workaround but it is messy and can cause issues.

The flow currently looks like this:

1. When a file is uploaded to OneDrive (Trigger)
  2. Condition if filename is .xlsx
  3. Get Tables (File Identifier)
  4. Apply to Each (Value)
  5. Get Rows (File Identifier) (Name)
  6. Apply to Each 2 (Value)
  7. Condition (If [User] is equal to Stephen)
  8. If yes Create Sharepoint Item (When I get to this point I cannot access the Dynamic Content to populate the Create Item Fields)

I have found that if I reference an actual file in the Get Rows Action (and have access to the dynamic content as per your example) I can input the dynamic content then go back to the Get Tables action and change the Filename to (File Identifer) and the Table Name to (Name) and it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,245)