Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KIBANG
Helper II
Helper II

Referencing a sharepoint calendar in a sharepoint list

Hello All,

I have created a meeting resources request list in sharepoint. There is an option where the user can select either a virtual meeting or onsite meeting. If they choose onsite, another column comes up where they can select one of the meeting rooms. We are a Microsoft 365 shop, and I have embedded this list in Teams. I am wondering if there is a way to reference the meeting room calendar if the user selects onsite and chooses one of the meeting rooms. If not, is there a way to create a flow to create an event in the chosen meeting room calendar based on this list? The idea is to reserve the room when the request is made. Would I have to reference that somehow in the column with the meeting rooms? Thank you for reading!

Ki 

4 REPLIES 4
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KIBANG 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, seems you have several confusions. Here are the related answers for your reference:

If they choose onsite, another column comes up where they can select one of the meeting rooms.

It’s not supported in SharePoint list and flow. If you want such kind of conditional selection, I recommend you can use Form as data source as you can control user performance based on their choice.

v-duann-msft_0-1617261991350.png

If there is a way to reference the meeting room calendar if the user selects onsite and chooses one of the meeting rooms.

I’m afraid it’s impossible to achieve it now. In SharePoint site, we only have person/group type column supported which can select user integrated with O365. However, we can’t detect whether it’s a meeting room from person column. Based on your description, I recommend you use choice column and input all of your meeting room addresses as choice.

v-duann-msft_1-1617261991354.png

is there a way to create a flow to create an event in the chosen meeting room calendar based on this list?

Yes, we can do that. First of all, set up sharepoint list similar to below:

v-duann-msft_2-1617261991356.png

Flow overview:

v-duann-msft_3-1617261991361.png

Once tested, I’m able to create event as required.

v-duann-msft_4-1617261991364.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I did conditional formatting so that if onsite is selected, the meeting rooms column will show in the form. A question I have is, is there a way that the meeting invite in your example can be created using the calendar of the meeting room account? I have been given full rights to the meeting room accounts created in Office365, and they are full accounts, not resources 

Hi @KIBANG 

Thank you for your update.

I'm afraid it's impossible to send as a meeting room accounts because 'create event' action doesn't support for configuring 'From' area. This can be achieved only in 'send email' action as below:

v-duann-msft_0-1617605995790.png

If you can double check 'create event', you will find no 'From' section listed.

v-duann-msft_1-1617606056341.png

There is nothing to do with the account type. But 'from' area is not available in calendar related action.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post is helpful to you. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Anna

Hi Anna,

Sorry, I meant in this field when choosing the account calendar the event will be coming from. I have attached screenshot for reference. 

Event creation account selection.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (49,195)