cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmy-pa
Regular Visitor

Refresh Power BI DataFlows with Flow

Hi all, good morning! 

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a Flow similar to automatic refresh datasets, but this time refreshing DataFlows?

I want to refresh a dataflow and cascade to dataset as soon as a SharePoint file is updated. Have you heard something related to this?

Thanks in advance and best!

Jimmy

22 REPLIES 22
HarishShades
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rjhale,

By using " HTTP with Azure AD" it works perfectly fine but due to DLP rules in my org I cant use this connector along with any other connections, so that where I have to rely on using just the "HTTP" connection and I am facing this error.

rjhale
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Yeah, I ran into the same issue.  I had to convince our tenant admins that this should fit into our "Business" DLP group.  I believe you can make DLP rules more granular by applying different sets to different environments.  If you have your own environment, perhaps getting a customized set of DLP rules for you environment would be a viable option?  

I'm not really sure how to work around the issue of the 1 hour expiration window on the bearer token.  With other API endpoints I've been able to use a renewal token to generate a new access token and then store the two tokens in a text file that can only be accessed by our Flow service account.  Definitely not the best way to do things, and I'm not sure if or how that would work with the Power BI endpoint.  Admittedly, I kind of stopped researching that route once I got the HTTP with Azure AD connector to work properly.  

Good luck and let us know if you figure out a solution.  

HarishShades
Frequent Visitor

sure @rjhale @AU 
I appreciate your advice and support on this, I will talk to my Power Platform admins and get this added to my environment.
I hope Microsoft gives a straight forward documentation on these requests, since these options are being used by so many Power BI developers and I will let you know if I find any other approach for the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,799)