cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosephYates92

Rejection for data already existing? (Microsoft Form populating to table in Excel flow)

Hi all,

I'm working on a flow of having the responses from a Microsoft Form create a new row in an Excel table. That's not a problem. I've done this flow multiple times for different purposes.

My sticking point: is there a way to do this with a condition or filter for if the response data already exists?
So in this instance, for my employer, we are attempting to capture some doctor's office data (phone number, address, physician name, etc). What we don't want is for duplicates of the same office or doctor. So if someone has already filled out the form for Dr Steven Stevenson, for instance, and someone else tries to fill out the form for Stevenson also, we don't want two listings of Dr Steven Stevenson in the Excel table.

If this is doable, I don't really care if it gives a rejection message or not. I just don't want duplicates of the same physician or office in the Excel table.

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@JosephYates92 

Before adding the row, try the following:

1. Use an Excel List rows present in a table action
    1. Add a filter query that limits the rows returned to those that meet your criteria: The Name column value equals the name supplied in the form
  2. In there are no rows returned, add a new row

This issue with what you want to do is that you are using a free text column - users do funny things...  Any variation in the input will cause you to have duplicate rows.

Let me know if you need an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,377)